What was your favourite memory from this year? 😊
“What are you hoping for next year?
What does the Elf do?
The Scout Elf prepares a special printable activity. Printable✂️📄
🤔 What is a “New Year's Resolution”?
This is an important expression! A New Year's resolution is something you decide you want to change, improve or achieve in the new year.
For example:
🏃 I want to exercise more.
📚 I want to study more.
📱 I want to spend less time on my phone.
🇬🇧 I want to improve my English.
😂 Or...
🍕 I want to eat less pizza.
...but we all know that's probably impossible. 😂🍕
ACTIVITY 1. The class ELF has left this activity for you.
For example:
My favourite memory of this year was going on holiday with my family because... 🌴☀️
or:
My favourite memory of this year was going to a concert with my friends because.... 🎵
I hope I will...
I would like to....
I want to ...
For example:
I hope I will have a great year. 😊
I would like to travel to another country. ✈️
I want to improve my English. 🇬🇧
3. MEET YOUR ELF!
Do you have an Elf at home? Great! Don't have one? No problem! Create your own imaginary elf! Your elf can be funny, mischievous, kind, crazy… whatever you like!
1.Every elf needs a name! If you already have an elf:
What is his/her name? My elf's name is __________________________.
funny • naughty • friendly • lazy • clever • crazy • shy • brave • messy • kind • adventurous • noisy • sneaky • curious • cheeky
My elf is:
Now describe your elf in 3 sentences:
My elf is __________________ and __________________.
He/She likes _________________________________.
He/She doesn't like ___________________________.
If you have an elf at home, think about the funniest or naughtiest thing he/she has ever done.
What happened?
My elf ____________________________________.
He/She ____________________________________.
It was funny because ________________________.
My elf hid all my socks in the fridge!
I spent ten minutes looking for them.
I was very confused! 😂
Remember: We're talking about silly, harmless mischief, not dangerous or mean behaviour.
( No Elf? Give Your Elf an Idea! Imagine that your elf is visiting you tonight.
What naughty or funny thing could your elf do?
Complete:
Tonight, my elf could __________________________.
He/She could __________________________________.
It would be funny because _______________________.
5.🎨 Draw Your Elf! Draw your elf doing something funny or naughty.
Give your picture a title: “Look What My Elf Did!” 😱
Then write 2–3 sentences about your picture.
My elf is __________________________.
He/She is __________________________.
I think __________________________________.
6. 🕵️ ELF ALIBI! La coartada del Elfo!
Uh-oh! Your elf has been accused of making a mess! 😱
But your elf says: “It wasn't me!”
Imagine an accusation and then create an alibi/ coartada for your elf.
The ELF_________________ is accused of____________________________________________
ALIBI
Where was your elf? My elf was ________________________________.
What was he/she doing? He/ She was___________________________.
Who was with him/her? He/She was with ___________________________.
Example:
My elf was in the kitchen.
He was making pancakes with a teddy bear.
They were having a midnight breakfast! 🥞😂
7. ELF CHALLENGE. Imagine your elf has arrived at school!
What would your elf do?
Would he/she… sit on the teacher's chair?/ 🍪 eat everyone's snacks? or 😂 play a prank on the class?
Write your idea: If my elf came to school, he/she would…
Be creative. Be funny. Be kind.
And don't let your elf get caught! 😈😂
TEMPLATE OF YOUR PROYECT (you can personalized it as you want!!!)
Vocabulary
| Expression | Meaning |
|---|---|
| look back | mirar atrás / recordar el pasado |
| look forward to | esperar con ilusión |
| a memory | un recuerdo |
| a favourite memory | un recuerdo favorito |
| a hope | una esperanza / deseo |
| to hope | esperar / tener esperanza |
| a resolution | un propósito |
| to achieve a goal | conseguir un objetivo |
| to improve | mejorar |
| to change | cambiar |
| to plan ahead | planificar de cara al futuro |
| the coming year | el año que viene |
| the past year | el año pasado / el año que termina |
Expressions
“Looking back, …”
→ Mirando atrás,...
“My favourite memory was…”
→ Mi recuerdo favorito fue...
“One thing I really enjoyed was…”
→ Una cosa que disfruté mucho fue...
“Next year, I would like to…”
→ El año que viene me gustaría...
“I hope to…”
→ Espero...
“I would like to improve…”
→ Me gustaría mejorar...
“My New Year's resolution is…”
→ Mi propósito de Año Nuevo es...
“I’m looking forward to…”
→ Tengo muchas ganas de...
DO YOU WANT TO HAVE FUN WITH THE ELF??? THEN, VISIT THIS WEB:
